At a glance
Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child achieves his/her aim. We have high standards and expect the best for every child.
Maximum Class Size
Click here to download the application form.
- DAY CARE/CRECHE (babies to 2 years)
Through self guided play the native abilities of children from babies up to age two are made to unfold naturally. Self directed activities , learning by doing, music and nursery rhymes are skillfully integrated.
Here, the self guided activities are intensified and used to guide the children of ages 3through 5 into a smooth transition into the primary school. Here, the inculcation of social norms and the spirit of enquiry and creativity through the exploration of nature together with use of toys and engagement in music and artistic activities.
- Also included is the teaching of the rudiments of numbers, letters and shapes
- simple etiquettes, cooperation and team spirit
- good and healthy habits
All these aim at graduating happy , confident and well adjusted children into the primary school.
- The school offers, on a private basis after-school lessons in English, Mathematics and Science for students in primary and secondary schools.
- The school believes that the best way to learn a new language is by speaking it. With an increase in interaction among nationals in the ECOWAS sub-region, the need for a mass literacy in French and English becomes imperative. To this end, the school is establishing an exchange programme with a French speaking primary school in Togo/Benin Republic. During summer each year, a limited number of pupils from each school will undergo a four week exchange programme with emphasis on French/ English.
- Lots of Yoruba speaking parents are now in the diaspora. Unlike their Chinese and Hindi speaking contemporaries, there are very few Yoruba children who can understand, speak, read or write Yoruba. In the past the school has accommodated overseas students in the boarding house and they had the prevelege of speaking, writing and reading Yoruba before they left. But covid-19 has put a stop to this. The school is now organizing summer school courses in Yoruba for students in the diaspora during the summer holidays. This will take place at specific locations overseas.
- Music is a very important aspect of development at the pre-nursery and nursery level. Children are taught many local and foreign lyrics under the directive of a music teacher. Unfortunately, most nursery teachers are not trained along this aspect. Sonbeam is organising private music lessons for teachers in this category